Submitted by Kirk Petersen on Tue, 10/30/2018 - 6:38pm
The meeting opened with prayers. Mike Martins noted that the revenue continues to exceed the budget and expenses are closely in line with the budget.
The Finance Committee reviewed the auditor’s report and comments are being incorporated. The Finance Committee is also beginning to develop the 2019 budget framework. The Women’s Ministry will be sponsoring a parish-wide Habitat for Humanity trip on January 25-26, 2019. The first Middle School Youth Group meeting was held and a tentative schedule of activities was planned. A Profile Committee update was held which included the following:
- Discussion groups were held following the October 14th services
- Informal feedbacks will be sought during coffee hours.
- Various ministries will be contacted to get additional feedback.
- A final profile gathering event will be on December 2nd.
- The goal will be to present a draft of the profile documents at the January 2019 vestry meeting
An update of upcoming stewardship plan for the fall is as follows:
- Stewardship packets were mailed on October 5th
- Parish-wide read and discussion of book entitled “Love Let Go” plans underway.
- Plans were developed for Gratitude Sunday on November 4th
- Plans were discussed for acknowledging returned pledges.
The vestry accepted the cost proposal for exterior repair work, such as power washing, sealing holes/ cracks, staining/ sealing exposed wood timber framework, scraping and repainting. Joel Herbert provided an update of the website relaunch. Rev. Gary Commins provided an update on the Senior Ministry and adult education programs as well as improving the Family Service with simpler readings and music. He noted the first confirmation class was held and a tentative schedule was planned. Meeting closed with a prayer.